With the number of tax investigations on the rise, it pays to have the best advice.
Tax investigations can be extremely varied; it, therefore, is imperative to have the support of advisers with an extensive understanding of HMRC investigations, policies and procedures.
The Mazars Tax Investigation team has a broad range of specialists with many years of HMRC dispute resolution experience. Many of the team have previously held senior roles in HMRC, either as Group Leaders of HMRC’s Fraud Investigation Service (FIS) or HNWI teams, FIS Investigators or even HMRC Policy Teams.
The team is also at the forefront of Tax Governance, including the implementation of Corporate Criminal Offence (CCO) policies and Senior Accounting Officer (SAO) reviews.
We can advise on all types of HMRC enquiries including:
- COP 9 – Suspected Serious Fraud
- COP 8 – Avoidance, including the use of marketed avoidance schemes
- Cross Tax Enquiries/Complex Evasion cases
- Wealthy and Mid-Sized Personal Tax Enquiries
- Making Voluntary Disclosures to HMRC
- HMRC Nudge Letter advice
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- CJRS/SEIS Fraud Investigations
- National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage Investigations
- Tax Governance reviews, guidance and advice
- CCO Policy implementation
- SAO reviews
- Cross Border Enquiries including transfer pricing and treaty interpretation
- Mutual Agreement Procedures
- Account Freezing Orders (AFO) advice
- Expert Witness work/Litigation support
We also have information on Closing disputes with HMRC and on National Minimum Wage investigations.
Get in touch
If you need support with a tax investigation, please get in touch today.
Contact us today