International Women’s Day is an opportunity for us to celebrate the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women and to reflect upon and discuss the challenges women still face globally.
This year’s theme is #BreakTheBias. We are all individuals who perceive the world through different lenses. Step one is to acknowledge this. Once we identify bias, we can take action to prevent ourselves from making calls and decisions based on these biased viewpoints.
Our Mazarians #BreakTheBias
To mark International Women’s Day, we asked our team members Mazarians what they pledge to do to help forge a gender-equal world.
We are taking part in various events and discussions across the country, including:
- Hosting a live panel discussion in partnership with HSBC in our Birmingham office, ‘Celebrating Women in STEM’ The panel will discuss gender parity and leadership in STEM and explore how we can all play our part to promote change.
- A panel discussion hosted by our Balance network on their personal reflections on IWD, including what the day and breaking the bias means to them.
- Through PepTalk, joining Hannah Cockroft OBE, seven-time Paralympic champion to hear about her incredible journey and how she broke the bias to reach her goals
- Local office seminars across the firm to celebrate the social, economic and cultural achievements of women
- Tipi Bhogal, Deputy General Counsel at Mazars, will speak at an event held at law firm, Keller Lenker. She will discuss her work, and the ways in which she has overcome challenges, biases, and how she has succeeded in her career so far.