The UK government has made it mandatory for large unquoted businesses incorporated in the UK to report on their energy use and carbon emissions.
Which businesses are affected by the SECR Requirements?
How we can help
We can support you with your energy use and emissions reporting depending on your needs. We understand the complexities of the requirements whilst considering your wider business functions.
Specifically, we can help you with:
- Scoping – Understanding which entities and parts of your business fall within the requirements, including whether any exemptions are able to be applied.
- Collection and measuring data – Establishing the appropriate systems to collect and measure data, ranging from simplified approaches to building and developing management information systems linked to reporting systems.
- Calculation of carbon emissions – In accordance with the Greenhouse Gas Reporting Protocol – Corporate Standard and HM Government emission factors for greenhouse gas company reporting.
- Reporting – Drafting the energy use and emissions information for disclosure within your annual report.
- Benchmarking – Provide you with assurance that your energy use and emission information is appropriate for your business, comparing your information to benchmarked companies and best practices.
Back to main Sustainability Services page
Get in touch
If you would like to speak with a member of our Sustainability Team about any of our services. please click the button below.
Contact us today