Service Organisation Controls
How do you know that your outsourced providers have adequate controls in place over the processes undertaken on your behalf? Conversely, how do your clients gain the comfort they need over the controls you operate on their behalf?
Organisations providing outsourced services to clients may need to consider the benefit of subjecting related processes and controls to a robust independent review of service organisation controls (SOC). A SOC report is a culmination of a detailed analysis of the internal management processes and controls that an organisation employs, based on either of the following standards:
- SSAE 16 (Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements – US standard); or
- ISAE 3402 (International Standards for Assurance Engagements).
Offering a SSAE 16 / ISAE 3402 report to prospective or existing clients can set you apart from your competitors by demonstrating the seriousness with which you take internal control.
The benefits of using Mazars
Through our international operations, we are able to provide the certification you need using professionals highly experienced in delivering such assignments. We offer:
- Guidance on how to adopt these standards;
- The preparation of documentation for audit;
- Dedicated client managers;
- Consistent and experienced teams; and
- Working practices which are flexed to your unique needs.
Please contact Sam if you require any further information on the service provider reviews we undertake.