Mazars’ Centre for Audit Committee and Investor Dialogue (CACID) is a community for institutional investors and audit committee chairs of listed companies to debate and share perspectives on topical business issues.
Restoring trust in audit and corporate governance – panel discussion
10 June 2021, 15.30 - 17.00
The BEIS White Paper signals a once in a generation opportunity to transform audit and strengthen corporate governance in the UK. But will the proposed changes strike the right balance between enterprise and accountability and strengthen corporate governance in UK businesses?
Join our live panel discussion on the potential impact of the proposals from a business, investor and audit perspective.
- How can we adopt an approach to reporting on controls that is not unduly expensive or too rules based?
- How can we ensure resilience statements will have meaningful forward-looking information?
- How can managed shared audit be implemented so as to bring about real change in the FTSE350 audit market?
- What is the future role audit when it comes to fraud, ESG and resilience?
- How will the reforms affect board composition and the relationship between the audit committee and the board?
- Will investors be willing to engage far more fully with audit committees and auditors?
- Will UK audit and governance reforms have a possible influence on EU and global developments?
Meet the panel
Panellist biographies can be read here
The Centre for Audit Committee and Investor Dialogue series of webinars, roundtables and private dinners is open to institutional investors, audit committee chairmen and members of the audit committee of FTSE 350 companies. Previous discussions have covered topics such as: corporate reporting, cyber security, data privacy, corporate culture, board membership, ESG, Brexit, audit reform and risk management. By invitation only. Please get in touch for more information.