The Apex Framework has been designed to deliver high quality fraud and internal audit service, while delivering value in a period of austerity and squeezed budgets.
Who is it for?
The Framework is open to all local authorities and any companies where the local authorities have a controlling interest. It also includes public sector pension funds, registered social housing providers, and NHS foundation trusts and clinical commissioning groups (CCGs).
How does it work?
The Framework, designed by Croydon Council, is supplied by Mazars LLP, which was re-appointed from April 2018 for an initial period of 6 years, following a competitive EU procurement exercise.
The Apex Framework provides a comprehensive range of assurance-related services, including:
- Fully outsourced internal audit provision
- Secondments at all levels: including interim roles, maternity, sickness and vacancy cover
- Co-sourcing arrangements covering the delivery of a proportion of the Annual Plan
- Provision of specialist skills such as counter fraud, Tax/VAT, IT Audit, Contract and Procurement, and Assurance
For a full list of available services, please download the brochure at the base of this page
An experienced Engagement Manager will work with each organisation to identify and deliver the required services, fully tailored to the client.
By adopting the Apex Framework, organisations will be able to:
- Negate the requirement for undertaking expensive and time consuming EU tendering
- Achieve efficiency savings through economies of scale and shared role between organisations
- Create more resilience through larger Internal Audit Sections
- Access a fully skilled flexible resource
The Framework is designed to operate in the interests of all partners, irrespective of the length of membership. Its operation is overseen by a partnership board, with each partner organisation and Mazars LLP with a seat on the board.
The following local authorities and companies have adopted the Apex Framework:
How to adopt the Framework
For more information about the structure of the Framework, or to express an interest in joining, please contact:
Head of Internal Audit at the London Borough of Croydon
Tel: +44 (0)20 8760 5573
Director at Mazars
Tel: +44 (0)7710 811 056