Governance provides an exemplary structure for an organisation to work with. It promotes ethical behaviour, accountability and openness. It encourages economic and financial stability, social and environmental responsibility and ethical investment policies and products.
A clear governance strategy directs and guides an organisation and promotes understanding between shareholders, the Board of Directors and management - and more recently - the interests of stakeholders.
Working with us
Mazars’ Governance team are experienced in working with UK and international guidelines in order to assist Boards and senior management ensure sound governance, while fulfilling their responsibilities to stakeholders.
We work across strategic documents and plans; risk management; assurance providers such as internal audit, health and safety, customer service and human resources; systems; financial management and budgeting.
Our recommendations are tailored to suit your company’s ethos, highlighting any weak spots and filling in any gaps as we go.
Our services include:
- constructing an overall framework to achieve sound corporate governance;
- reviewing your governance arrangements, benchmarking them against the Combined Code and best practice and recommending improvements;
- reviewing existing procedures for evaluating executive performance and making recommendations;
- assisting with the selection, training and development of high quality non-executive directors; and
- reviewing your risk management and internal control procedures, gauging them against the Turnbull report and the COSO frameworks for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
Benefits of our services include:
- a robust structure through which your organisation’s vision and mission are outlined and strategies are achieved;
- stronger information systems, efficient operation and allocation of resources;
- improved accountability and transparency;
- the promotion of ethical behaviour and long-term sustainability;
- improved relationships between stakeholders;
- agreement of objectives and goals by the board, management and shareholders;
- increased confidence from investors, enhancing your ability to attract stable sources of finance from local and international capital markets;
- increased confidence amongst existing and potential trading partners, leading to local and cross-border trade and favourable credit terms; and
- an efficient framework that keeps outgoing costs to a minimum.