Richard Dillea Director - Tax Advisory POB
Richard leads the Restructuring Tax specialism within Mazars. He has over 20 year’s of restructuring tax experience and is a representative on both the R3 Tax Technical Committee and HMRC’s Insolvency Tax liaison group.
He has provided tax input to well over 1,000 insolvencies and seeks to add tax value with innovative and bespoke tax structuring. He has provided Restructuring Tax support on numerous corporate turnarounds, accelerated business sales, refinances (both debt and equity), business advisory engagements, group reorganisations and rationalisations as well as insolvencies.
Prior to joining Mazars, Richard spent over 15 years working within the Big-4 where he developed his Restructuring Tax specialism (he well remembers the changes to the tax world brought about by the Enterprise Act 2002). His experience ranges across a range of sectors and industries and he has worked with all sizes of businesses, from owner-managed SMEs through to Global PLCs.
Richard also works within the Special Situations Team at Mazars. This is a multi-disciplinary national team that includes M&A, Debt Advisory, Transaction Support, Valuations, Tax and Restructuring. The Special Situations Group is focused on supporting our clients with transactions that typically feature an element of financial distress, require strong stakeholder engagement and have a requirement to be delivered under accelerated time frames.
Richard’s experience includes:
- Tax structuring sales out of insolvency across various sectors, including Haulage & transportation, manufacturing, mining, retail & leisure and technology.
- Tax efficient debt restructuring & refinances; of various lend size and complexity ranging from syndicated debt of over £100m to sub £5m loans.
- Providing tax support on group re-organisations, on a global, European or UK basis, including hive downs, trade consolidations and or separations, de-mergers and group streamlining projects.
- Tax managing accelerated M&A processes, with an emphasis on seeking to preserve tax attributes and mitigating tax costs.
- Tax support for purchasers buying out of distress, recent assignments include the acquisition of retail subgroup and the acquisition of trade and assets of manufacturing business.