Joe Pilley Head of Global Mobility Services
Joe is the Head of Global Mobility Services for Mazars UK.
He is CTA qualified and has over 25 years’ experience advising companies in relation to their internationally mobile employees, whether they form part of a formal international assignment program or simply travel overseas regularly as part of their day to day role.
Joe frequently advises on the optimisation of international assignment policies and tax equalisation arrangements, as well as working with his clients on social security planning, double tax treaty claims, work permit and visa requirements and multinational payroll structures. He also consults with clients on their and their employees’ reporting obligations in order to minimise risk in an area where HMRC are known to be focussing increased scrutiny.
A regular presenter on expatriate topics, his experience covers a broad spectrum including:
- Managing large scale and well established expatriate programs with large numbers of assignees moving into or out of the UK
- Niche businesses that are perhaps expanding abroad for the first time and need guidance on all aspects of managing their first few expatriate employees
- Advising businesses on the taxation of non resident directors
- Short term business traveller tracking and reporting
- Employees in specialist fields such as offshore oil and gas workers and shipping workers