Indirect Tax in the International Sector
Mazars is a well-established international firm now operating in 77 countries globally. We have indirect specialist across the globe who can assist with cross border and international VAT issues. In addition to the Mazars global firms, Mazars is a member of Praxity AISBL, the world's largest Alliance of independent and unaffiliated audit and consultancy companies, enabling us to connect clients to specialist professionals to support growth worldwide.
The term ‘international’ can take many forms from merely importing and exporting, to creating establishments or group companies overseas. The VAT implications can range from ensuring your business meets the export, import and duties requirements, to registering for VAT in other countries and meeting those countries reporting and compliance requirements.
At Mazars we have indirect tax team members who have specialist knowledge in this area either from an international in-house background or from working with our international clients. Our national VAT teams across the UK have a large international client base with businesses located in these regions with close proximity to airports to support their international presence. These teams work closely with our global indirect tax contacts on a regular basis, and can access international support at your request.
Our expertise and available services include:
- Cross border supply chain review;
- Import and export process review, advising on deferment accounts and available reliefs;
- Invoicing and record requirements;
- Reporting requirements (EC Sales Lists, Intrastat, MOSS Returns);
- VAT Registrations;
- EU VAT refunds, for EU businesses (previously known as 8th Directive Claims);
- EU Refunds for non EU established businesses (previously known as 13th Directive Claims);
- Cross border supply structure advice;
- Customs duties.