Mazars Immigration Services delivers advisory and processing services related to cross-border moves.

We provide assistance to multinational companies wishing to assign their employees to a UK based entity for short term and long term periods.

We assist with the Sponsorship Licence registration process and undertake Level 1 and Level 2 user responsibilities for our clients; managing the Sponsorship Management System and requesting and allocating Certificates of Sponsorship on behalf of our clients, for example.

We also work with private individuals wishing to establish themselves in the UK for business or personal reasons including applications under Tier 1 of the points based system such as Investors and Entrepreneurs.

For those who wish for their family members (fiancée, unmarried partner, spouse, civil partner or child) to accompany or join them in the UK for the purposes of settlement, we also provide assistance.  In addition, we advise on nationality law in respect to British Naturalisation and Citizenship.

Tier 1 Investor

Mazars’ immigration services can assist high net worth individuals who wish to make a substantial financial investment in the UK to gain a Tier 1 Investor visa.

This can be achieved by investing £2,000,000 into UK government bonds or share capital in active and trading companies that are registered in the UK.

Initial grants of status will usually be for 3 years and 4 months. Maintaining the £2,000,000 investment will allow Tier 1 investors to apply for an extension of leave to remain after 3 years and consider settlement in the UK after 5 years.

Tier 1 Investors can take advantage of the accelerated route to settlement if they can meet certain conditions and make a greater investment:

  • £5,000,000 investment – after 3 years
  • £10,000,000 investment – after 2 years.

Tier 1 Investors do not need a UK sponsor nor are they required to meet the English language requirements applicable to many other routes into the UK. However they are required to reach a minimum points threshold based on investment criteria.

Tier 1 Entrepreneur

Mazars can help secure a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa for those with the intention of investing in the UK by setting up, taking over or being actively involved in the running of a business in the UK. The Tier 1 Entrepreneur can apply under this category if they can provide evidence:

  • That they have access to £200,000 or
  • That they have access to £50,000 from a venture capital firm registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), a UK entrepreneurial seed funding competition endorsed by UK Department for International Trade (DIT) or a UK government department making funds available for the purpose of setting up or expanding a UK business.

The funding rules are different if the applicant is changing (‘switching’) from certain UK visa categories, such as a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa, Tier 1 Post-study work visa (closed now to initial applications), Tier 1 General visa (also closed now to initial applications) or a Tier 4 Student visa and additional criteria apply in these circumstances.

The applicant can also qualify if they have already made the investment into the UK business. In these circumstances, the investment must have been made in the 12 months leading up to the application.

Two business partners can qualify for Tier 1 Entrepreneur status together relying on the same investment, provided that they have equal control over the funds and/or the business.

Initial grants of status will be for 3 years and 4 months. An option to extend by a further 2 years exists although Tier 1 Entrepreneurs will also be able to settle in the UK after 3 years via the accelerated process if they create ten jobs or turn over £5m in a 3 year period.

Tier 2 Sponsor License

Companies based in the UK who wish to recruit potential non-EEA employees must attain a Tier 2 Sponsor License in order to do so.

Prior to attaining a Sponsor License, a company must ensure human resource systems and procedures are in place to comply with sponsorship duties. Mazars Immigration Services is able to conduct audits of HR systems and assess the eligibility of a company to become a sponsor.

Once a Sponsor License is attained, the company to whom it is issued will be permitted to recruit foreign nationals. Mazars Immigration Services can assist with managing the sponsor management system including undertaking responsibilities of a Level 1 and 2 user and requesting and allocating Certificates of Sponsorship on behalf of our clients under the Tier 2 General and Intra-Company categories.

Please contact Mazars specialist immigration team to advise you on the appropriate steps and procedures in more detail. 

Business Visitors

A foreign migrant wishing to come to the UK to carry out business for a short period of time may come to the UK without attaining sponsorship. Business Visitors are only permitted to carry out certain types of permissible activities. Visa nationals will require a visa for these purposes.

To attain further advice and assistance please contact Mazars Immigration Services.

Representative of an Overseas Business

This category permits a member of staff of a substantial trading company located outside the UK, which has no current UK presence to come to the UK with the intention to set up a wholly owned subsidiary or register a UK branch for an overseas parent company.

This category also permits a employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation to come to the UK who is being posted on a long-term assignment as a representative of an overseas employer.

For further information please contact Mazars Immigration Services.

European Economic Area Nationals

EEA Registration Certificate 

Nationals of countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland can come and reside in  the UK travelling with their passport or national identity card. Nationals of countries in the EEA and Switzerland have no restrictions imposed on them in regards to employment or education.

EEA and Switzerland nationals must work, study, be seeking employment or self-sufficient in order to reside in the UK.

EEA and Switzerland nationals may confirm their right of residence in the UK by attaining a registration certificate. Despite
the referendum vote and the triggering of Article 50, this remains the case currently in the UK. There has been no change to the current rights of EEA and Swiss nationals in the UK. 

EEA Family Permit

An EEA national can have his non-EEA national family members and relatives join them in the UK. Non-EEA national family members and relatives must attain a family permit in order to join the EEA national in the UK.

Non-EEA national family members and relatives already in the UK will be required to make an application for a residence card to remain in the UK. Certain requirements will need to be met prior to submitting an application. Mazars Immigration Services can assist in this respect.

EEA Permanent Residence

An EEA national will become eligible for permanent residence once the EEA national has been residing in the UK and exercising Treaty Rights for a continuous period of five years.

Non-EEA family members may also be eligible to obtain permanent residence.

For more information please contact Mazars Immigration Services.

Indefinite Leave To Remain (ILR)

Indefinite Leave to Remain permits an foreign migrant to remain in the UK without restrictions.

A foreign migrant may be eligible for indefinite leave to remain after residing legally in the UK for a continuous period of five years although this will depend on the immigration category the foreign migrant is under.

For a further detailed assessment to determine whether an individual is eligible for indefinite leave to remain please contact Mazars Immigration Services.

British Naturalisation & Citizenship

A foreign national who wishes to become a British citizen must first apply for naturalisation or registration as a British citizen.

In order to be eligible to apply for British naturalisation a foreign national must have been continuously residing in the UK for a period of more than five years. A foreign national married to a British citizen may be eligible to apply for British naturalisation after continuously residing in the UK for period of three years.

A foreign national must also meet other prerequisite requirements in order to be eligible to make an application for British naturalisation.

Some individuals may also obtain a British nationality on the basis of the family routes available in the UK.

British Citizenship confers permanent residency in the UK as a British citizen and imposes no time, employment, educational restrictions upon the British citizen.

To attain detailed advise in regards to applying for British naturalisation or registration; contact Mazars Immigration Services.