The Contentious Insolvency team enhances recoveries for insolvent estates by undertaking forensic investigations and bringing claims against directors and 3rd parties in respect of fraud and other unlawful transactions. The team provides an independent and pragmatic view on the likelihood of achieving realisations via litigation.
Contentious Insolvency requires a collaborative approach to identify evidence, build claims, and where necessary, litigate through the Courts, all rights of action, primarily against delinquent Directors of failed businesses. At all times, we are commercially focused and we frequently make recoveries on behalf of creditors where, at face value, there are no known assets in the insolvent estate.
How we can help:
- Bringing claims against delinquent directors and 3rd parties under all areas of Insolvency and Company law.
- Asset tracing and recovery in both the UK and foreign jurisdictions via our International network across 30 countries.
- Independent reviews and expert witness reports on the merits of any claims.
- Bringing negligence and misfeasance claims against Insolvency Practitioners and other professional advisors.
- Acting for and assisting creditors where there has been misconduct by a director (such as illegally transferring a business to a new company) or an Insolvency Practitioner (such as selling assets at an undervalue or drawing disproportional and excessive fees).
- The recovery, imaging and interrogation of company records.
- Technology driven processing and mining of company bank statements.
We draw upon extensive experience across our restructuring services, forensic investigations and technology solutions teams to undertake detailed investigations on behalf of creditors and clients. Due to our international reach, we can bring claims and trace assets across the Globe.
Get in touch
If you would like to speak with a member of our Restructuring team, please submit the following contact request.
Contact us today