Our Partner-led teams have a proven track record of undertaking large and complex investigations across a broad range of sectors both nationally and internationally, on a variety of different matters.
We are recognised for our ability to present complex financial information in a manner that can be understood by a layperson. Our qualified accountants and fraud examiners are objective, proactive and have commercial acumen to help with:
- Financial investigations
- Fraud and corruption investigations
- Government and regulatory inquiries
- Tax investigations
- Corporate investigation skill training
An investigation of corruption or economic crime under the UK Bribery Act or the FCPA requires swift and thorough action from seasoned experts. Data collection and analysis must be conducted effectively with minimum disruption, enabling the company to continue operating and to prevent any financial or reputational risks.
The risk of fraud is an increasing problem that all organisations must take seriously. We are regularly instructed by clients to provide training. We offer a full range of bespoke training that we tailor to fit our client’s specific needs.
- Risk profiling
- Fraud awareness and crime reduction surveys
- Awareness presentations/workshops
- Bespoke training packages – including induction and sector specific awareness
- Assessment of existing/development of new policies, procedures and guidance
- Data analytics/mining/matching
- Fact finding to a full investigation
- Seeking to identify the perpetrator and recovering any losses
- Deterrence and prevention measures
- Quantifying the alleged improper payments
The number of corporate internal investigations is set to rise over the next three years. Increased regulation and a greater focus on compliance by regulators have proved key factors. Mazars has partnered with Board Agenda to produce a guide to best practice in internal investigations.