Power Generation and Renewable Energy
Mazars’ specialist power generation and renewable energy team supports project developers, investors and funders across the world with project finance, corporate finance, tax, accounting and assurance services. We provide a full range of bespoke services to developers, funds and banks in the power generation and renewable energy sectors, drawing on the combined skills and expertise of our power generation and renewable energy team covering the sector globally.
Our expertise includes:
- Project finance advisory
- Buy-side and sell-side M&A advisory
- Investment support and project and portfolio valuation
- Transaction support and financial due diligence
- Bespoke financial modelling
- Model audit
- Specialist tax and accounting
Power generation and renewable energy project experience spanning continents
Using Mazars’ presence in 77 countries, we combine local market knowledge with power generation and renewable energy sector and project finance expertise. Mazars supports project sponsors, funds and banks in infrastructure, power generation and renewable energy transactions throughout Europe, Middle East, Africa and the Americas.
With a team of over 20 project finance advisory, tax, and modelling professionals worldwide who are specialists in power generation and renewable energy projects, we have capacity to handle large, demanding transaction processes to strict timetables. This includes, for example:
- supporting major infrastructure funds on cross-border wind farm portfolio acquisitions
- providing equity valuations on a 140MW windfarm in a European CfD regime
- supporting renewable energy yieldcos on a 250MW portfolio financings
- carrying out multiple simultaneous bid stage financial model reviews in the South African IPP Procurement Programme
- supporting ministries of energy on the procurement of Power Purchase Agreements
- financial model, tax, and development cost due diligence on a 300MW thermal power IPP in Africa
Want to know more?
Investing in renewable energy in Africa
Prospects for renewable energy in Africa can only be understood in the context of the massive undersupply of power in most of the continent. Renewable energy investment is viable only when projects are implemented as part of a coherent plan to widen access to affordable electricity and improve the reliability of its supply, writes David Donnelly.