We have extensive experience with misappropriation of company assets, payment fraud, data theft, corruption, anti-money laundering, asset recovery, employee embezzlement, anti-trust investigations, anti-fraud due diligence audits and the implementation of fraud prevention / detection programs and systems.
For each investigation, our team uses:
- A consistent approach in accordance with legal requirement and best practices
- Several court-cited digital investigation and document review platforms
- Cutting edge data analytics tools and algorithms
The use of advanced technologies allows us to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our approach, whilst keeping the cost acceptable to our clients.
Mazars offers data mining and forensic analysis services in connection with litigation, arbitration and investigation assignments, including data collection, analysis and reporting.
Our capacity to handle the technical side is complemented by our experience in fraud scheme detection as well as our understanding of the key business processes involved. Through our extensive use of data analysis software, our team helps clients to handle litigations, disputes, fraud investigations and risk.
Our approach uses predefined and bespoke automated detection scripts and applies evidence preservation methodology. All our data analysts have in-depth knowledge of the business and financial processes to enable them to perform application controls, fraud detection, financial figures analysis, trends analysis and application migration reviews.
The team uses dedicated tools to perform data analysis in order to:
- Deal with significant volumes of data, up to several millions of transactions
- Preserve the original data provided by the client to ensure no alterations can be made
- Keep track of all audit stages and use of developed scripts
- Replicate data issues or re-run controls to test multiple scenarios using the scripting capability, thus improving audit efficiency
- Efficiently integrate the existing files formats used to extract data from typical IT systems
- Perform an exhaustive analysis, processing the complete set of transactions
Our court-cited digital investigation platform allows us to:
- Perform live acquisitions / imaging of Electronically Stored Information (ESI), the result is a forensically sound image that stands up in court and upon which we can perform searches on the basis of case related keywords agreed upon with the client. It also enables data indications to be obtained from operating systems artefacts and the retrieval of deleted data that is still present in the slack space
- Handle voluminous datasets with high processing speeds from different data sources such as hard-drives, mobile devices, network data, internet storage and more
- Easily visualise the most relevant material in an investigation
- Reduce case investigation times enabling the review of data and identification of relevant evidence, all in one centralised location, hosted on our premises
- Implement password recovery and data decryption solutions
E-discovery and document review
Mazars supports and embraces the approach of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM)© as well as the Electronic Data Discovery (EDD) frameworks. The process of e-discovery and document review will help your company achieve compliance and manage records and information in an efficient way, ensuring the correct response to legal and regulatory requests.
Mazars uses a dedicated e-discovery and document review platform based on the EDRM© module. Securely hosted in our data center, our platform allows the team to perform processing and document review. This platform also includes a predictive coding engine enabling the increase of the rate of responsive documents.
Our platform is web-based and can be accessed securely by clients, lawyers or any third party.
Mazars can also set up eDiscovery solutions that allow efficient and seamless conduct Enterprise-wide searches, targeted collection, systemised preservation, litigation hold and processing, structured and unstructured data assessment and complete legal review.