Our National Tax Investigations Group is staffed by highly experienced professionals with many years of experience both as Senior Investigators within HMRC and in private practice. We have significant experience of all types of HMRC investigations undertaken by:
- Local office into both small and medium businesses and wealthy individuals,
- High Net Worth Unit into high net worth individuals,
- Large Business Service into large and complex businesses,
- HMRC “Cross Taxes” teams who investigate both direct and indirect taxes,
- National campaign teams who focus on particular business sectors, which can include unannounced visits to client’s business premises,
- Fraud Investigation Service teams who investigate both direct and indirect taxes under Code of Practice 9 (where fraud is suspected) and Code of Practice 8 (which covers tax avoidance or where COP9 is not considered appropriate),
- Fraud Investigation Service teams who undertake criminal investigations across all taxes, which may include unannounced visits under Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984,
- Counter Avoidance teams into perceived tax avoidance and includes Follower Notices, Accelerated Payment Notices and Partner Payment Notices.
We have an excellent track record of assisting clients who are facing HMRC investigations.
If you are already under investigation (it is never too late to seek help and advice), or have just received a letter from HMRC stating its intent to investigate you or your business, and would like to speak with one of our experienced professionals, please contact us. Alternatively, if you have an issue where you may have failed to disclose or understated your income/profits/gain, and would to like to see this resolved, we can assist. We would be happy to have an initial no obligation discussion without charge to explore how we can help you.
Please contact our team either by:
Sending a message via our Tax investigations national contacts
or phone on 020 7063 4639 or 0161 238 9235