With tourism and leisure activities clearly on the Government’s agenda, the survey was designed to provide an insight into the current state of the sector, the key factors affecting business performance and issues likely to change the shape of the market in the next three years.
We surveyed a cross section of finance directors, HR directors and owner-managers in the hotel, bar and restaurant and tourism sectors during July and August 2012.
Key findings include:
- Increasing levels of competition and the ability to retain quality staff are key risks and challenges
- The need to create brand awareness and secure greater levels of repeat business are fundamental to strong business performance
- Pricing competition, the arrival of new players and new government legislation will define the shape of the market over the next three years
- A large percentage of respondents have a specific strategy for retaining quality staff
- Only 50% of respondents believe that the industry is compliant with the Asylum, Immigration and Nationality Act
We would like to take this opportunity to thank respondents for the time and thought they devoted to completing this survey.
If you would like to discuss the results in more detail, including implications for your business, please contact: