An estimated 2.9 million EU nationals currently reside in the UK and, of this number, an estimated 2.15 million are working. The triggering of Article 50 on 29 March 2017 means that we are now on a two year countdown to leaving the EU.
For EU nationals and their employers this is an unsettling time, however, amidst all this uncertainty, it is important that you:
- fully understand the current position for EU nationals in the UK
- consider the potential impact on your business post Brexit
- plan accordingly (e.g. managing absences from the UK in order to meet the criteria for permanent residence, British citizenship)
- have adequate policies in place both pre and post Brexit
How our immigration team can help
- Briefings, face-to-face or remotely via Skype, for stakeholders within your business and your EU national employees
- Tailored consulting and scenario planning for businesses heavily reliant on labour from the EU
- Sector focused workshops
- Drafting of internal communications and factsheets
- Advice and assistance with EEA Registration Certificates, Permanent Residence Cards and British citizenship
- Analysis of the ‘readiness’ of your business across a number of key risk areas
If you would like to arrange a one-to-one meeting, or discuss your wider immigration issues, please get in touch.