Organisations need to consider the most cost-efficient way of obtaining the required assurance over the effectiveness of key processes and controls. Mazars’ specialists provide sector-specific internal audit services on an outsourced basis and also on a co-sourced basis to suit an organisation’s existing arrangements.
- External quality assessment (EQA) over the effectiveness of existing internal audit arrangements;
- Development and assessment of risk management and internal audit frameworks;
- Development and assessment of risk-based internal audit strategies and plans;
- Delivery of all or part of an internal audit plan through a core team, supplemented by specialists as required;
- Supplementing existing internal audit teams with additional manpower;
- Provision of specialist internal audit and consulting assistance for areas of added risk or complexity;
- Provision of specialist seconded staff to fill roles at all levels of an organisation (and secondment opportunities within Mazars);
- Reviews of outsource service providers;
- Advice and training on how to improve internal audit approaches and methodologies.;
- A ‘helpdesk’ for ad hoc internal audit, risk management, governance and related queries; and
- Regulatory compliance reviews and consultancy (eg. FCA / PRA, Sarbanes-Oxley, E-Commerce Regulations).
Experience and expertise
We have vast experience of providing the above services and more. Here are a couple of examples:
- We recently delivered a well-received EQA – we provided insightful independent observations and recommendations relating to their existing internal function; andWe undertook a review of operational risk, liquidity risk and counterparty credit risk models at a well-known international investment bank. The client benefitted from our identification of relevant national an international regulation and full support in the development of its internal audit plan.
We are active across all major sectors, including financial services, industry and commerce, the public and charity sectors and social housing. Please use the ‘Our Sectors’ links at the top of the page for further sector-specific information.
Benefits of using Mazars
Due to Mazars’ unique integrated international partnership structure, we can offer a seamless internal audit service across divisions and across borders, enabling us to tailor our services to global corporate bodies and smaller local businesses alike.
Please contact Peter or Sam if you require any further information on the internal audit services we provide.