Risk in the Boardroom Survey
Mazars in collaboration with Board Agenda has initiated a survey on how boards maintain oversight of, and ultimate control over, risk in their companies.
Mazars, Board Agenda and INSEAD are running a survey on how boards of listed companies and significant private companies across Europe are confronting the rapidly developing challenges of risk management: how they maintain oversight of, and ultimate control over, risk in their companies.
The survey will run until 20 March with the report released in April. Key themes that are emerging from the responses so far are:
1. Over 80% of boards feel they are facing more risks than 5 years ago – and risks have become more varied
2. Board composition is adapting to improve risk capability but only 60% of respondents believe their boards are satisfied with the level of control across their organisations in responding to risk
3. Significant number of boards & senior executives are unsure they are receiving all the information they need
4. Top perceived risks are regulation and finance – boards perceive they are well equipped to deal with these
5. Boards are less well equipped to deal with other forms of risk – particularly cyber, climate change, digitalisation and geographical risks
If you would like a copy of the report – or would like to talk to a specialist in this area – please complete the form below.