Retail companies are in the eye of the COVID19 storm. With pressure coming from every angle, now...
Retail & Wholesale
The retail market is diverse, complex and increasingly global. We understand the issues faced by companies of all sizes working throughout the supply chain. How? Because across the world, we work with retail companies of all sizes - from growing private businesses to some of the largest companies in the world.
Our work in retail
At Mazars, we understand both the key Retail and Wholesale market sectors and our clients’ specific business needs. Your company’s success is our priority, whatever the products and services. We help you address crucial factors affecting your business.
We know that there are specific issues facing the sector at the current time. Pre-Covid-19, businesses were already managing the constant shift in consumer behaviours, technological changes, sustainability imperatives, and increasing globalisation. Retailers have to navigate a complex ecosystem that requires heavy investment and optimal supply chain performance to meet market demands. Covid-19 has brought substantial additional challenges due to changing consumer habits and there will be more changes ahead when the transition agreement with the EU ends (currently scheduled for 1 January 2021).
We work with retailers of all sizes, providing invaluable commercial insight and technical ability. Our approach is always pragmatic, hands-on and friendly.
If you are seeking help to navigate through the Covid-19 pandemic, here is a summary of Government measures that may help.
How we can help
We offer a full range of accounting, assurance and advisory services. Some specific areas where we can add value to your Retail or Wholesale business include:
- Maximising tax incentives, such as R&D claims for new product designs and IT systems and capital allowance claims for store refits, warehousing and logistics;
- Tax efficient business restructuring, including demerging retail and manufacturing operations, disposals of divisions and separating real estate and retail operations;
- Transfer pricing in a multi-national environment;
- Assistance with VAT aspects of online sales and distance selling, the VAT Retail Scheme and treatment of vouchers, discounts and promotional events;
- Customs Duties and tariffs aspects related to your supply chain, including product returns;
- Employee incentivisation, national minimum wage compliance and assistance with IR35 implementation for brand ambassadors and other contractors;
- Data Infrastructure, Data Management, Data Science & Algorithmics and Dashboards to optimize operations using smart customer data;
- Cybersecurity assistance including threats arising from point-of-sale data breaches
What our clients say
"I have always been impressed by Mazars' determination in helping us achieve our goals. They get on well with my team, and I find their pragmatic and no-nonsense style very refreshing. Allied Domecq has been a major acquisition for us and I have been delighted at their ability to deal with the complexity and scale of the deal."
Tony Schofield, UK Chief Financial Officers, Pernod Ricard
"We have been working with the Mazars team since 2000 and we really appreciate the first class and personal service we have received. The Mazars team have constantly delivered an efficient audit and proactive tax advice."
Charlotte McHardy, Managing Director, Olsen
"Mazars has worked with us for three years and over that time has established a strong relationship with the American Apparel management team. The high level of commitment and the service provided by the Mazars team is excellent. They have always been thoroughly professional and they certainly know the sector, which allows them to add real value. With Mazars' full range of skills and advice, we have always had a good experience."
Louise Scarbrough, UK Financial Controller, American Apparel UK
Across the world, Mazars works with retail companies of every size, from growing private...
News & Discussion
In a blow to UK retailers, HMRC has announced that from 1 January 2021, the VAT Retail Export...
During the current pandemic the Government has announced many measures to help the retail sector....
Retailers around the world have found themselves bearing the commercial brunt of Covid-19 as...