Our services cover all aspects of defined benefit governance and strategy, from carrying out operational risk reviews for scheme sponsors to planning and helping implement flight path solutions for trustees.
Our approach in providing advice to clients is solution driven, with the scope of our work typically being agreed following a series of consultative discussions with clients. We work with small schemes, as well as large, and due to Mazars’ strong presence in the Owner Managed Business market we have a good understanding of specific issues relating to schemes in this sector.
Below is a selection of issues we can assist scheme sponsors with:
- Governance, in particularly helping ensure trustee bodies are as effective as possible
- Liaison with the Pension Regulator, on issues including scheme funding and clearance
- Liaison with the Pension Protection Fund on issues such as levy agreement through to PPF entry
- Understanding the mortality risk inherent in scheme populations, and actions that can be taken to mitigate these risks
- Negotiations between sponsors and trustees on the agreement of a recovery plan for the removal of a scheme deficit
- Dealing with the restructure or change of sponsoring employer, including understanding the impact of a merger and/or acquisition
- Assistance in understanding and implementing de-risking solutions such as fiduciary management, enhanced transfer value exercises and buy-out
- Scheme closure management and implementation
- End game strategy and implementation, including wind up