Our team has strong experience assisting clients identify and assess the impact a merger, acquisition or restructuring activity can have on pensions and employee benefits.
The requirement to auto-enrol employees into a pension scheme means that every employer must provide a pension scheme for workers. This means that pensions is now a necessary consideration in all deals, and must be included.
Our work includes pre and post transaction work, with our team adding value to deals through:
- Identifying the risks associated with the benefit arrangements and their compliance
- Considering the practical aspects of managing benefits effectively post deal including flex benefits
- Assessing the impact on benefits if staff transfer under TUPE
- Identifying potential cost savings that could be obtained from harmonising schemes post deal
- Ensuring auto-enrolment has been implemented properly and that any changes the deal brings to the requirements in respect of pensions are anticipated and known
Our team of specialists can also help in the event of insolvency, advising and assisting in applications to the Pension Protection Fund, including where a compromise deal may be sought in respect of a final salary scheme debt.