Mazars acts for over 2600 GPs and consultants throughout the UK, so we understand the challenges and issues that can arise in a medical practice.
No GP practice is the same, each has its own unique opportunities and challenges. Our specialist medical accounting team can work with you to help you gain more control of your finances, saving you time.
Our team is here to help make your practice run as smoothly as possible and allow you to focus on where your time is valued most. Whether face to face, or working remotely, we are on hand to help you keep on top of your monthly bookkeeping and financial reporting to the partners.
Using our cloud accounting platform and unique service offerings, we take away the pain of your financial processing. Our best-in-class technology ensures you can access, manage and report on your practice performance at a time or place that suits you.
Mazars’ cloud accounting platform is only part of the solution – the most important part is our people. As a Mazar's client, you will have a dedicated team of healthcare specialists, led by an expert client relationship advisor who will ensure you receive all the services you need from us to make life that little bit easier.
We pride ourselves on providing tailor-made solutions for clients, and the range of services we offer includes:
- Accounting and financial appraisal – We provide support to practice managers on the completion of annual accounts and provide an appraisal of overall practice performance, benchmarking against others, and explaining/ highlighting variances from the norm. Get in touch if you would like to see a sample benchmarking report.
- Cloud accounting – We can assist you in digitalising your finances by introducing you to software and apps to help manage cash flow, create regular meaningful reports, streamline accounting processes, becoming paperless to save you time.
- Outsourcing - We can deal with your bookkeeping and payroll, meaning you have a little bit less to do
- Financial Planning – We can provide NHS pension advice and help with retirement planning, investments, financial protection as well as cash flow modelling
- Partnership agreements - Working with lawyers, we review partnership agreements for compliance, NHS regulations and ensure the best accounting service is in place.
- GP Mergers, Federations, Primary Care Networks, and Transformational Change - GPs may consider becoming part of a larger group – whether that is a partnership, federation, primary care network or other structure. We can assess your options and carry out an independent appraisal to provide you with a more objective basis for decision making.
- Taxation – We will ensure you are compliant with the latest tax legislation, submitting returns on time and paying tax correctly. We also provide tax forecasts to help you plan cash flow and tax planning advice to minimise your liabilities.
- Pensions – We will advise you on your GP pension, forecasts, tax rules around annual allowances and lifetime allowance liabilities and annual certificate of pensionable income.
- Locums and Salaried GPs - We can advise Locums on pros and cons of all operating structures, either working as a sole trader, via a Limited Company, through an agency or as part of a chambers.
- Career Changes - We will carry out an appraisal of the prospective practice to understand its performance so you can make an informed decision.
- Training - Our team lectures at a number of courses for GP’s in training at the FY or ST level throughout the UK as part of our support package for GP’s in the early stages of their career. We can provide support and training to organisations which require assistance. If you’d like to know more about this, please contact us through our form below.
Get in touch
If you would like to speak to a member of our Medical Team about any of the above, please complete the form below:
Contact us today