Mining and exploration companies compete and operate on the global stage. Typically, corporate Boards and assets are located throughout the globe and are rarely in close geographic proximity to each other. As such, from our experience, we understand that key management objectives usually include the following:
- the safeguarding of assets,
- the production of timely, relevant financial information, and
- the tax efficiency of the corporate structure
To help our mining and exploration clients meet their key objectives, Mazars offers an efficient and integrated service from the 61 countries in which we are located and coverage in a further 21 countries through our membership of the Praxity Alliance. This enables us to provide our clients with a seamless service wherever they are located in the world.
We currently act as auditor for a wide variety of mining companies from those on the Full List of the London Stock Exchange, with market caps of over £200m, to AIM to privately owned companies and to those with asset locations ranging from Mozambique to Fiji.
We further believe that awareness of human rights issues is also high up on the agenda of most London listed mining companies. The mining industry usually relies on local and indigenous communities to extract the minerals they are seeking. Most mining companies understand that by looking after their communities in terms of healthcare, education and the environment, the more likely all stakeholders will benefit. At Mazars, we specialise in assisting companies formalise their human rights procedures and help implement policies throughout the supply chain.
Mazars’ advice is tailored to your specific needs. We provide:
- accounting support and outsourcing
- business process improvement
- corporate finance
- corporate governance and risk management
- corporate recovery and insolvency
- employer solutions
- financial audits
- human rights and business consulting
- information systems audits and advisory services
- reporting accountant services and other IPO services
- tax planning and compliance
- transaction support.