Large, typically multinational and impacted by continued consolidation on a European or worldwide scale, utility companies offer a diversified portfolio of activities which covers the globe. Spurred by growth in emerging countries and new sources of energy, the industry is however exposed to great challenges as it continually confronts new regulatory frameworks together with the scarcity of resources.
Our knowledge and experience of the utilities industry enables enables us to understand the as a result and from our experience, we understand that key management objectives which typically include the following:
- Managing current and new sources of energy,
- Reaching the appropriate scale of operations across geographical and activity segments, and
- Meeting and influencing regulatory requirements, as well as managing expectations from customers (eg energy efficiency and tariffs).
We currently act as auditor for a wide variety of utilities companies across electricity, gas, water and sewage. Thanks to our energy expertise from extraction to distribution, we provide sound assurance and advisory services throughout the energy value chain.
Furthermore, with our integrated cross-border structure, we are able to support accompany our clients in their home country as well as abroad – providing a seamless and tailored service on a global basis.
Follow the links below to find out more about the services we provide and some of our recent projects
Our utilities sector specialists offer a range of services to meet the business needs of our clients. We have an in-depth knowledge of the issues you faced by the sector and the experience to help you. Services include:
- accounting support and outsourcing
- business process improvement
- corporate finance
- corporate governance and risk management
- corporate recovery and insolvency
- employer solutions
- financial audits
- human rights and business consulting
- information systems audits and advisory services
- reporting accountant services and other IPO services
- tax planning and compliance
- transaction support.
With a strong portfolio of clients in this sector – from successful niche players to large international companies – Mazars has the experience and expertise to help. Recent projects include:
- statutory audit of subsidiaries of a top 5 international water, electricity provider and gas distributor,
- transaction support for a top 5 international gas distributor,
- expatriate tax services for a leading international electricity provider,
- audit services to subsidiaries of a large water sewage treatment group,
- audit services to a large UK water supply company,
- consultancy and project management services as part of the review of the business plan of a gas distribution company on behalf of a gas regulator.