Our gender and BAME pay gaps (as of April 2019) are as a result of having more non-BAME men in senior roles
We are confident that we meet our equal pay obligations
We have reported both the mean and median pay gaps for 2019, and these figures are below:
- Our mean gender pay gap is 13.2%
- Our median gender pay gap is 5.8%
- Our mean BAME pay gap is 8.6%
- Our median BAME pay gap is 2.8%
We are proactively addressing the gender and ethnicity imbalance within the Firm. This will continue to be a key strategic priority, based around attraction, recruitment, progression, retention and engagement.
We recognise that diversity can only be achieved if it is central to all aspects of our business: attraction and recruitment, pay, and equal access to training and opportunities.
What have we done already?
- Focused on engagement for all of our people to bring their whole selves to work.
- Invested in using contextualised recruitment at entry levels to provide greater equality of opportunity regardless of an individual’s background, focusing on potential as opposed to attainment.
- Created greater visibility of various diversity characteristics when considering decisions around people such as promotions, pay review etc.
- Created a dedicated team focused on progressing the inclusion agenda across the firm.
- Published our ethnicity pay gap for the last two years on a proactive basis.
- Signed up to HMT targets and set targets service lines as part of their performance metrics
- Participated in a number of benchmarks (such as Stonewall) to help us understand where we need to do better.
What are we planning to do?
- Build enhanced engagement with our employee networks to co-create our approach to equality and inclusion.
- Increase senior sponsorship for the inclusion agenda.
- Create a pathway to partner programme to provide transparency and equality of opportunity around development and sponsorship support.
- Introduce reverse mentoring to help senior leaders across the firm understand the lived experience and how they can positively effect change across the inclusion agenda.
- Improve visibility of key metrics across the firm to enable us to measure progress around ethnicity, gender and other areas across different service lines, geographies and grades.
For further information, please download the full report below: