Public sector, PPP & PFI
Mazars' dedicated team of public sector specialists provide a range of services to Central Government, Local Government, the National Health Service (NHS) and Universities. We also specialise in Public Private Partnerships (PPP) and Public Finance Initiatives (PFI).
Mazars stays at the forefront of changes in this dynamic sector - from health service reform, to the increasing focus on corporate governance, to the impact of International Accounting Standards (IAS) on Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs). We also make sure our clients benefit from the insight this understanding gives us.
- We have specialist expertise and experience with Public Private Partnership projects across Europe and the UK's Private Finance Initiative (PPP & PFI)
- We are one of only eight firms appointed as a National Audit Office contractor
- We have extensive experience working with state funded educational bodies
- We are one of 12 firms that have a framework contract with the Asset Recovery Agency (ARA), Crown Prosecution Service and Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (for receivership work under the Enforcement Provisions of the Proceeds of Crime Act and associated legislation)
- We have specialist teams working with social housing , education , police , health and local government .
Mazars specialist public sector teams provide a range of audit, tax and advisory services.
Mazars provides external audit, internal audit, consultancy services, risk management, IT support and taxation advice (including VAT) to the public sector. In particular, our team:
- provides internal audit services to local authorities, NHS trusts and universities
- holds several appointments as external auditors and consultants to universities, colleges and schools
- undertakes external audit of local authorities and health bodies under a framework contract with the Audit Commission
- has framework contracts to conduct external audits with the Competition Commission and OFCOM.
- advises on applying for grants and putting in systems to ensure compliance with the requirements of grant funders