Mazars provides service led solutions to your construction needs.
The construction sector is inherently complex and raises issues which require solutions. One must understand the path of these issues within the sector before forming the solution. Many providers claim an understanding of the sector and can devise solutions but the differentiator of Mazars to others is the service which comes with the solution. The services we offer include:
Project finance and financial modelling – We are a market leader in the provision of model assurance services for Construction sector sponsors and senior funders, having audited more than 150 such models in the past 12 months. We also provide financial modelling based advisory services on PPP and Renewable energy projects in a range of areas including:
- Project modelling;
- Modelling contract variations;
- Refinancing; and
- Valuations for equity purchases or disposals.
Audit – Our audit clients are wide-ranging and include subsidiaries of large multi-national construction groups and large infrastructure organisations with numerous operational SPVs. We deliver high quality, pro-active audit services and we will ensure you receive:
- Partner-led, risk based audit strategy and focused planning;
- Continuity of audit teams; and
- Ongoing communication with management throughout the year.
Financial reporting assurance and advisory – Our dedicated financial reporting experts provide services for a large number of engagements, working closely with our modellers and ensuring we pro-actively identify and address critical accounting issues facing SPVs and other construction clients. This has included advice on issues such as conversion of UK GAAP to IFRS, income recognition policies and balance sheet treatment in respect of infrastructure PPP projects.
Tax and accounting services – Mazars has an established track record of technical expertise and practical knowledge in the infrastructure sector, including both PPP and PFI projects. Our experienced team can provide you with a fully integrated service across the full suite of taxation, modelling and financial reporting assurance over the life of your SPV.
Our dedicated infrastructure team includes:
- Tax technical and sector experts with extensive experience of advisory and compliance projects;
- Experienced financial modellers who provide operational modelling and assurance services; and
- Financial reporting specialists who represent Mazars on financial reporting and industry representative bodies, ensuring your critical accounting issues faced under both UK GAAP and IFRS are identified and addressed.
Forensic investigations – Our Forensic and Investigation Services team has extensive experience of undertaking high-quality, timely and cost-effective investigations and providing advice and Expert Reports on financial and accountancy matters, including:
- Litigation and arbitration;
- Contentious valuations;
- Computer forensics; and
- Insurance claim quantification.
Governance and internal control – At Mazars, we understand the importance of providing practical solutions to governance and internal control issues.
We have particular expertise in the areas of:
- Bribery risk assessment, payments to 3rd parties (agents, suppliers, etc.), reviews of policies and procedures and investigation of allegations of bribery or non-compliance;
- Long term contracts and price variation claims and procedures;
- Governance and risk management including Board evaluation, governance reviews, risk assessment and risk reporting; and
- Internal control work including internal audit working in partnership with your in-house team or as an outsourced provider.
Renewable energy and sustainability – Increasingly the construction sector is playing a leading role in projects in the renewable energy sector and also driving forward the sustainability agenda. We are currently advising construction sector clients in respect of Green Deal opportunities and solar energy rooftop installations.
As one of the 3 framework advisers to the EIB in respect of the JESSICA Initiative we are heavily involved in advising on urban renewal and regeneration projects in pursuit of more sustainable urban communities including the development of the Smart Cities agenda across Europe.
International – Mazars is an international, integrated and independent organisation, specialising in audit, accountancy, tax, legal and advisory services. Mazars can rely on the skills of 13,000 professionals in the 61 countries which make up its integrated partnership on the five continents. Mazars also has correspondents and joint ventures in 21 additional countries. Mazars is also one of the founding members of the Praxity alliance, which gathers 79 independent organisations and 28,000 professionals in 82 countries.
Through these links, we can support our work with you throughout the world.