A Trust is not just for the wealthy, a trust can be used by anyone wishing to plan ahead. A Trust can serve many purposes - from financing educational costs, providing maintenance to children, grandchildren or other relatives or simply planning to pass wealth through generations and specifying specific people that can benefit from that Trust.
- Can advise on the merits of establishing a Trust, taking into account a Settlor's circumstances and review Inheritance Tax, Capital Gains Tax and Income Tax implications in the setting up of a Trust;
- Assist with Trust planning - reviewing whether the Trust still fulfils its original purpose;
- Administer Trusts - including the preparation of annual accounts and Tax Returns;
- Advise beneficiaries of Trusts on the tax issues arising when they receive Trust income or an asset from the Trust;
- Advise the Trustees on the tax implications of distributing funds or Trust assets to beneficiaries;
- Can act as Trustee on a Trust as Mazars has a Trustee Company;
- Advise on Will preparation, review Wills for tax efficiency and can act as Executors' on an Estate;
- Can arrange to obtain probate for Executors and can advise on tax issues such as varying the Will by a Deed of Variation;
- Administer the Estate after probate has been obtained and arrange for the collection and distribution of assets;
- Advise on the options to fund Inheritance Tax;
- Can provide an extensive Inheritance Tax review on a clients' Estate to ensure that assets are passed tax efficiently;
- Prepare the necessary annual accounts and tax returns for Estates.