VAT is an immediate tax. It is transaction driven and kicks in as soon as you take any action. VAT is complex and can impact directly on your bottom line, incurring significant penalties if you get it wrong.
Mazars helps businesses plan for VAT before setting out on a new venture including setting up overseas, buying or selling a property or raising finances. Our experienced team addresses compliance issues proactively to help you avoid penalties, as well as the impact of transactions on other areas of the business like audit and direct tax.
Mazars indirect tax expertise offers advice and support with the following issues across all sectors:
- implementing VAT structures in your business
- international tax and dealing with trading outside the UK
- land /property transaction and option to tax
- expert advice for specific tax solutions
- acquisitions and disposals
- compliance: penalties and interest, returns and payments, registration, reviews and audits
- compliance with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) requirements
- negotiating with HMRC
- managing the impact of an indirect tax investigation
- indirect tax investigations, independent reviews and appeals to the Tribunal
In addition to the wide range of services, we also specialise in the following areas.