A recent survey conducted by Mazars, in collaboration with Mergermarket, canvassed the opinions of 150 senior corporate decision makers at global mid-cap firms to discover which markets and regions they are targeting, where they are already achieving success and how they intend to finance their international growth plans.
We have identified that an ever increasing number of UK companies are becoming targets for overseas mid-cap companies and the findings of this survey highlight that 56% of these are seeing international growth as a key part of strategy and 50% of respondents intend on making an acquisition over the next three years. The majority are targeting companies with revenue of less than 100 million euros.
Further findings include:
- 45% of respondents generate more than half of their revenues internationally, and 47% already operate in more than 10 international markets
- 73% of the firms polled say access to a proven business model is a key driver of their acquisition strategy
- To finance their international strategy, 58% of respondents are most likely to use bank debt, with 56% preferring internal profits
- 31% expect private equity capital to be one of their top funding sources
Here at Mazars, the Corporate Finance team specialise in working with both UK and Internationally based clients to take advantage of this shifting trend in the global economy. Over the past few years, we have successfully completed over 100 company sales to well funded buyers both in the UK and overseas. Some of our more recent international deals have included:
- Sale of Appleyards Limited to The Artelia Group (France)
- Sale of Bolling Coffee Limited to Bewley’s (Republic of Ireland)
- Sale of Cash and Cheque Express to Check into Cash Inc (US)
- Sale of Cavalier Marketing Limited to HLD Group (Malta)
- Sale of Must Have Limited to Victory Electronic Cigarettes Corporation (US)
- Sale of Phoenix Inspection Systems Limited to Nova Instruments LLC (US)
- Sale of Professional Packaging Services Limited to Innerworkings Inc (US)
- Sale of Stobbarts (Nuclear) Limited to Jacobs Engineering Group Inc (US)
- Sale of Systems Labelling Limited to Americk Packaging Group (Republic of Ireland)
The team at Mazars would be happy to discuss the potential of selling your business or answer any queries you might have on the report.