We are committed to delivering an unparalleled level of service to our social housing clients. We appreciate the vital role that housing associations and ALMOs have in society. Mazars people understand and share the values of those working in the sector. We enjoy contributing and sharing our knowledge. We work hard to build effective relationships with both executives and Boards based on the principles of communicating regularly, avoiding surprises and delivering continuity of our teams.
Our team of professionals work closely with over 160 housing associations across the UK. Whether you are a large housing group or ALMO, an association with less than 1,000 units or a specialist provider of services we have the team to work with you.
Mazars has offices across the entire UK. Our national housing sector team includes 12 partners and 21 directors/managers with over 100 supporting professionals.
Experience and expertise
Our specialist housing team has extensive knowledge of the sector. We are committed to providing our clients with the best possible service.
Mazars has a strict licencing regime. Only those Partners and Managers who are able to demonstrate thorough sector knowledge can be involved in delivering services to the sector. We apply the same principles to our wider team of people. As a client of Mazars you can be assured of people who understand your sector and want to work with you.
So whether you are a traditional housing association, large scale voluntary transfer, specialist provider or group with a diverse housing stock, whether you see yourself as a social enterprise, a large developer of new homes, a care provider, a provider of supporting housing or specialist in housing for older people or provider of student accommodation we have the people who can relate to the expectations and challenges that you face.
- One of the Top 5 providers of assurance services to Registered Providers in England
- One of the Top 2 providers of services to Registered Social Landlords in Wales
- Have over 160 housing associations as clients
We provide our housing clients with a comprehensive range of sector specific services.
Our services include:
- Assurance services including external and internal audit
- Grant claims verification
- Service charge certification and loan certification work
- HCA and GLA Development Compliance Audits
- Accounting advice on financial reporting requirements and complex transactions
- Corporation tax planning and other direct taxation services
- VAT advice and planning
- Payroll services
- Outsourcing of finance functions for smaller associations
- Governance and risk management advice
- Reports on behalf of the Regulator
- Process and procedures reengineering for efficiency, effectiveness and economy
- Value for Money and cost reduction advice
- Due diligence support on strategic alliances and merger
- Reporting Accountant role for bond issues
- Forensic and fraud investigation services
- Pensions and employee benefit advice
- Business Plan validations ( we are also a Brixx Partner)
- Board member training days
- Financial modelling
- Project finance (PFI) and advisory services.