Our clients range in size from individuals such as GP Locums and Dentists, to large partnerships, and also include LLPs and Limited Companies. Our experience covers:
- GP Practices
- GP Locums
- Veterinary Practices
As the financial side of general practice becomes increasingly complex, and the personal tax and pensions regimes change so frequently it is beneficial to have a specialist medical accountant at your side.
The core services we offer our healthcare clients are:
- Preparation of Accounts
- Budgeting and cash flow
- Profit improvement options
- Tax planning and compliance
- Preparation of Tax Returns
- Estimating forthcoming tax liabilities
- Financial advice relating to NHS and private pensions, investments, and protection
In addition, and specifically for GP practices we also offer:
- Benchmarking of performance against local and national averages
- Current account equalisation
- Advising partners on retirement
- Annual allowance calculations
- Preparation of professional expenses claims
- Preparation of superannuation certificates
- Estimating forthcoming superannuation and tax liabilities
- Liaising with health authorities to ensure superannuation deductions are accurate
At the heart of these is our commitment to provide early warning of changes affecting our clients, especially if they involve bad news.
Our dedicated medical specialists all have considerable experience in the healthcare sector, and are well known in their regions. We run in-house seminars and are regularly asked to speak at local Practice Manager events.
We are members of AISMA (Association of Independent Specialist Medical Accountants) which means we are recognised as providing the highest level of quality to our clients.
Your Mazars medical team;
- care about people, both in terms of their clients and staff
- advise over 100 businesses in the healthcare sector
- combine the local, personal touch of a smaller firm with the experience of the larger firms
- work closely with clients to build strong, meaningful business relationships
- have a proven track record of providing quality advice
- are passionate about delivering value to clients, and making a difference through the sector specific information we provide in a proactive manner
Although a specialist medical accountant is important for your business, so to is the relationship you have with them. Our people at Mazars share excellent relationships with our practice managers and GP partners. Our clients have said;
"We have received excellent service from Mazars specialist medical team. They are prompt in response to queries and have extensive knowledge and expertise in the peculiarities of medical finances."
"The medical team at Mazars has been looking after us for years. We have found them very knowledgeable and professional, but at the same time they provide a personal service. We find our queries, questions and requests for advice answered quickly and comprehensively. On the whole it is a very supportive team."
"The Practice has found Mazars to provide an excellent service which closely meets our needs. We also appreciate the level of Practice specific knowledge and very useful comparative information provided as part of the annual accounts package."
To find out how we can help you, please contact us for a no-obligation initial consultation, free of charge.