For the fifth year running, we surveyed a cross section of finance directors, HR directors and owner-managers in the hotel, bar and restaurant and tourism sectors to gauge their views on the events of the past 12 months and the challenges that lie ahead.
Key findings include:
- The impact of Brexit on business performance and the recruitment and retention of EU nationals in particular is a major concern
- Increasing costs are one of the greatest challenges associated with the industry today
- The sector has taken the introduction of the National Living Wage in its stride with outcomes being as expected
- The sector has continued to grow, year on year, organically and via external investment
- The sector is understandably concerned about future economic growth
We would like to take this opportunity to thank respondents for the time and thought they devoted to completing this survey.
If you would like to discuss the results in more detail, including implications for your business, contact Gareth Jones or firstname.lastname@example.org