The current VAT landscape is particularly complex and changeable. With increased HMRC activity and Brexit looming, businesses are understandably concerned about what the future holds. And, as VAT is an immediate tax, getting it wrong could have significant consequences. Carefully managed, however, there is scope to maximise opportunities whilst ensuring you meet your compliance obligations.
September’s event will provide insights into recent case law and its impact on UK companies, the likely VAT implications of leaving the EU, HMRC’s current focus and how companies can mitigate exposure to VAT penalties.
- An update on the most significant case law decisions
- The impact of Brexit on VAT: the Great Repeal Bill and future policies, customs duties and import VAT on goods and services
- Ensuring you meet your VAT obligations today and in the future
- Implementing tax efficient structures and processes
- The repercussions of accounting incorrectly for VAT, avoiding the need for an HMRC audit and, should the worst happen, managing an indirect tax investigation
Mazars’ speakers and hosts
Date: Wednesday 20 September 2017
Venue: Mazars, Tower Bridge House, St Katharine’s Way London E1W 1DD
Times: 8:30am – registration, 8:45am – start, 10:30am – finish
Refreshments will be served