The workshop includes two days of training, fact gathering and practical activities including mock interviews with reporters, witnesses and the subject of the allegations.
In addition, there will be an element of pre-workshop preparation where you will be required to study investigation good practice guidance and complete a series of activities. A workbook will be sent to you in advance.
During the two day workshop you will undertake the following:
- Assess the allegations including interviewing the reporter of the issues and reviewing the information provided
- Prepare an investigation plan
- Review supporting documentation
- Interview a witness
- Reconsider your investigation plan and review additional information
- Interview the subject of the allegations
- Analyse what facts you gathered and identify any gaps
- Identify process weaknesses
- Prepare a verbal report of findings and present the report to management
The trainers and facilitators
The workshop will be conducted by Neil Fletcher, Head of Global Corporate Investigations at Mazars and Danny McLaughlin, Owner of McLaughlin Forensic Ltd, a company providing fraud and corruption investigation and prevention services to clients worldwide.
Between them, Neil and Danny have more than 50 years’ experience conducting investigations for a range of clients in both the public and private sectors across the globe.
Who should attend?
This workshop is especially relevant to:
- Individuals who assess issues/allegations and undertake investigations
- Management who want to understand and implement a high quality investigation process in their company
Monday 20 and Tuesday 21 November 2017
9am to 5:30pm including lunch and coffee breaks
Mazars, Tower Bridge House,
St Katharine’s Way, London, E1W 1DD
£750 per person (plus VAT)
Includes lunch and two coffee breaks per day
If you are interested in attending, please contact:
T: +44 (0)7881 283894
Payment can be made via bank deposit, cheque or credit card.
Spaces are limited to 12 delegates to maximise discussion and practical application of techniques.
Mazars can provide your company with in-house tailored learning workshops that cover all stages of the investigation process. So, if you cannot attend the workshop and would like an informal discussion about how we can help your company, please contact Neil Fletcher.