This time our team of experts will be discussing a range of topical issues including:
- General sector update: recent developments on the Charity Commission activities and publications
- Direct taxation: an update on changes to Gift Aid and HMRC’s attitude to compliance
- Lessons from the collapse of Kids’ Company
- Immigration: what impact could the changes to the rules on overseas employees have on your organisation
- FRS 102: what the first conversions have taught us
- Internal audit: When does a charity need an internal audit function and what value can it add
- The National Minimum Wage: fundamental changes could place a substantial financial burden on charities who have staff “on call”
- The implications of the new European GDP Regulations on charities and the mistakes made that created the likely Fundraising Preference Service
(NB the agenda may vary slightly according to location)
Locations and Dates
To register please use our online form, or alternatively, simply email the local contact in your preferred location, with your details, including name and organisation. Joining instructions will be sent to you closer to the date.
We hope you will be able to join us.
If you are unable to attend but would like further information please either email your local contact, or use the registration form to notify us of your interest.
Date for the diary
Mazars is pleased to be hosting the Midlands Members’ Meeting of the Charity Finance Group in our Birmingham office on Thursday 23 June. This is an open meeting and will focus on procurement and contracts. Further information and booking details can be found on the CFG’s website.
New to the Charity Sector?
If you, or any of your colleagues, are new to the Charity Sector, you may be interested to know that we run an annual seminar entitled 'Introduction to Charities' which is due to be held in October/November 2016 (date TBC) in London.
The seminar is aimed at people who wish to gain a deeper understanding of the workings of charities.
The agenda will include an overview of issues such as:
- Trustee roles & responsibilities
- Charity Accounting
- Charities and tax
- Governance and structures
- Risk management
The seminar will take place at our London offices. For more information, contact Katherine Peacock on 020 8661 1826.