The Executive consists of the National Senior Partner and up to eight other Partners and up to two Non-Partners nominated by the National Senior Partner after appropriate consultation (including with the Group Executive Board and the Governance Council). The National Senior Partner is elected by the partners for a term of 4 years and he nominates the other executive candidates who are subject to ratification by the partners (Members appointed on 1 September 2012 are pictured below).
A Members Agreement sets out the management and governance structure within Mazars and its requirements regarding the Executive, Governance Council and Audit Committee are set out here.
The responsibilities of the Executive team at Mazars are as follows and it reports to the Partners at least annually on these matters:
- develop and implement the UK strategy, in line with the international strategy of the firm, and establish a management structure to deliver this;
- ensure that the firm’s services to clients and conduct in respect of staff are carried out ethically and in accordance with the principles of technical excellence and quality service;
- ensure that the firm recruits, develops, retains and adequately rewards an appropriate number of people with relevant skills and experience;
- oversee support functions, including the setting and monitoring of objectives, approving budgets and expenditure and ensuring efficiency between local, national and international support functions;
- ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are in place for risk and catastrophe management;
- set Corporate Responsibility and Environmental policies;
- monitor the legal obligations of Partners in consultation with the Governance Council;
- with the Governance Council discharge the responsibilities of the Partners in relation to the maintenance of proper accounting records and the preparation of Accounts;
- with the Governance Council keep the Members’ Agreement up to date and fit for purpose.